Breast cancer has always been a dreaded disease, but recently, with the increasing knowledge about cures and treatment, breast cancer can usually be treated if detected early detection.
Research has shown by the age of 20 everyone should begin doing Breast Self Examination (BSE). This method is recommended as it is easy to do and helps assist in early detection, however it should not be used as a substitute for a yearly breast exam performed by a physician.
Some of the signs to look for while doing BSE:
- A lump found in and around the nipple or underarm
- Change in size or shape
- Nipple discharge or nipple turning inward
- Redness of skin or warmth
- Formation of dimple or change in skin texture
- When in doubt, schedule a visit with your physician