The past two years have brought many unforeseen changes and challenges that have impacted our everyday lives, which is why it is more important than ever to make mental health a priority. Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. Stress, fear and anxiety all can have a negative effect on our mental health, which is why it’s important to take care of your family and friends, but it should be balanced with care for yourself. Make self-care a priority with these tips:
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to the news. Limit social media.
- Make time to unwind through meditation, stretching, music, or other hobbies.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Avoid excessive alcohol, tobacco, and substance use.
- Exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep.
- Talk to a psychologist, social worker, counselor, physician, pastor, friend or family member.